Ingredients:Full Fat Milk - 1 and ½ gallon
Sabja Seeds (also known as Tukmaria Seeds/Basil Seeds) - 7 oz
Rose’s Grenadine Syrup - 2fl oz
Great Value Sweetened Condensed milk - 14oz
Great Value Corn Starch - 16oz
Cashew - 2 oz
Clear Plastic Wine Glasses - 6-ct,packs
Great Value Mango Chunks - 16 oz
Instruction:"A thick creamy luscious cool refreshing summer drink from the streets of India, a drink that has to be eaten with a spoon! that's what Rabdi Falooda is! This drink is assembled by putting together a few essentials and some toppings, nuts and spices"
1. Mango Jelly prepared from a 75-g pack of jelly mix.
2. Falooda sev (or bambino vermicelli)
3. Homemade Rabdi
4. Sabja seeds (2 tsp soaked in ¾ cup of water)
5. Rose Syrup (as needed)
6. Sliced Almonds
7. Shelled and crushed pistachio
Assembling the drink:
1. Transfer 2 heaped tsp of jelly to a glass.
2. Add 2 tbsp swollen subja seeds on top of jelly.
3. Add 1/3 of falooda sev/ noodles.
4. Drop a tsp of Rose Syrup on the sev/noodles.
5. Add 5-6 tbsp of rabdi.
6. Top it with a tsp of jelly.
7. Garnish with sliced almonds, crushed pistachios and ½ tsp rose syrup.
3 cups full-fat milk
2 fresh bread slices
1/2 cup condensed milk
1 tbsp. sugar
1/4 tsp cardamom powder
1. Remove the crusts of the bread slices and discard. Grind the bread slices in a food processor to make fresh bread crumbs and keep aside.
2. Bring the milk to boil in a broad non-stick pan.
3. Add the fresh bread crumbs, sugar and condensed milk, mix well and cook on a medium flame for approx. 8 to 10 minutes, while stirring continuously and scrapping the sides of the pan.
4. Allow it to cool completely and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.
5. Serve chilled garnished with cardamom powder.
Falooda Sev Recipe:
Corn flour - 1/2 cup
Milk - 1/2 cup
Water - 3/4 cup
Sugar - 2 tbsp.
Rose water - 1 tsp
Oil - 1 tsp
To make the falooda sev, keep the sev press / noodles press ready with the smallest holes and apply some oil inside it .
Keep ready some ice cold water in a wide pan to press the hot noodles , keep in the fridge until use
In a pan mix cornflour , milk , water ,sugar and rose water without any lumps
Bring to the boil
The mixture will begin to thicken , keep stirring constantly , when the mixture start to thicken add oil , mix well till the mixture become thick and glossy ,then switch off the flame
Immediately transfer the hot mixture to the sev press and press the mixture in to the ice cold water as a thin strands.. (the mixture should be hot , otherwise it will be hard to press) keep the noodles in the freezer for 15 minute then refrigerate until use..you can store this homemade falooda sev up to 3 days in the refrigerator...