The summer heat can drive anyone insane, well cool down with a tasty summer treat. There’s nothing better than homemade ice cream, in the middle of the summer. I found this terrific recipe on Pinterest, check it out here.
- 2 sandwich-sized baggies
- 2 gallon-sized baggies
- ½ cup of half-and-half (or milk)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup of rock salt
- winter gloves
Now that you have your materials, let’s get to work.
- Pour ½ cup of half- &-half (or milk) into one sandwich sized bag.
- Add 1 tablespoon of sugar and ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Remove all of the air from the bag. Then place your filled bag into another sandwich-sized baggie and seal it.
- Now put the doubled-bag inside of a gallon-sized baggie and add the ice along with ½ cup of rock salt.
- Then place the gallon bag that also contains the milk and vanilla extract inside into another gallon sized bag. ( you will have 2 small bags and 1 large bag inside)
- Next use gloves to start shaking the bag because the ice makes the bag cold. (shake bag for 15-20 minutes)
- Now you’re finished! Enjoy your treat.