1) What are the insurance plans available for OSU students?
A student health insurance plan is available to eligible students attending OSU Stillwater campus.
You may find further information through http://uhs.okstate.edu/student-health-insurance-plan
In addition, there are numerous insurance plans available for students. Please visit http://uhs.okstate.edu/insurance-services for further information.
2) What should I do if myself or one of my family member get sick?
There are multiple options available for seeking a doctor in Stillwater.
- In case of an emergency call 9-1-1. This will connect you with police, emergency medical and fire personnel. This number should only be used in emergency situations. In some areas around campus you will see brown columns with blue lights on the top of them, these are emergency phones. You can contact emergency personnel using those phones at times you do not have access to your phone. If you or the person who is sick are physically capable of going to see a doctor, you may go to the Stillwater Medical Center’s Emergency Department which is open 24/7. If you have a question about your health and aren’t sure if it’s emergency or not, please call the Stillwater Medical Center complimentary nurse advice line at (800) 707-0224.
- If you are an OSU student you can get medical attention from OSU University Health Services. University Health Services is open from 8.00 am to 5.00 pm, Monday to Friday. You may get further information through http://uhs.okstate.edu/
- As you seek out a doctor for your child it is important to consider the type of care needed, your health insurance coverage and any other preferences. Contact the clinic or doctors office by phone to see whether they are accepting new clients. Also ask them whether they accept the type of health insurance you have for your child. This website provides a physician directory showing the specialties of the different doctors affiliated with Stillwater Medical Center. A number of pediatricians are housed in the Stillwater Medical Physicians Clinic at
1815 W. 6th Ave, Stillwater, OK 74074. Phone - (405) 743-7300
The clinic provides regular doctors appointments, walk-in clinics in the evenings and weekends and immunizations. To find other pediatricians use your preferred search engine to search for pediatricians in Stillwater.
- There are some urgent care centers in Stillwater. These centers are especially useful in the evenings, weekends or on holidays when doctor’s offices are closed. As with other providers it is important for you to consider your health insurance coverage. You can find phone numbers online and call or go in to the centers as needed.
AMC Urgent Care, 1909 W. 6th Street, Ste B, Stillwater, Oklahoma 74074.