1) What materials should I need to take with me to enroll my children for a day care or school?

To enroll your child, you need to take the following information to the school your child will attend:
· Child’s birth certificate or passport and visa
· Child’s immunization records (If your immunization records are not in English you can go to the Payne County Health Department to have them translated and certified.)
· Proof of Stillwater residence (FGSH residents can request a statement of residence from the Residential Life office at Iba Hall during office hours.)
· You will also need to complete an enrollment packet. You can request one from the school or download and print one from the following website

2) What options do I have to enroll my children (0 to 6 years old) for a day care?

There are many childcare options for children in Stillwater. Following is a list of some of them. Use your internet search engine to find other options. Call the organization to find out how much they will charge for your child. Some businesses provided rates based on income. You should feel free to go to the center any time to observe the level of care your child is receiving. 

  •  Child Development Lab

Location: on the OSU campus (in 110 Human Sciences West)
Ages Served: 1-4 years
Hours Open: 7:30am - 5:30pm
Phone Number: (405) 744-5730

  •  Early Head Start

Location: 1202 S. West St.
Ages Served: 0-3 years
Hours Open: 7:00am - 5:30pm
Phone Number: (405) 377-1519

  •  YMCA

Location: 204 S Duck St.
Ages Served: 5-12 years
Hours Open: 6:00am – 9:00pm
Phone Number: (405) 372-5833

  •  Head Start

Location: 1601 S. Main St.
Ages Served: 3-4 years
Hours Open: 7:30am - 5:30pm
Phone Number: (405) 385-0188

  •  Super Kids Learning Center

Location: 706 N. Jardot St.
Ages Served: 0-12 years
Hours Open: 6:30am - 6:00pm
Phone Number: (405) 372-2800

  •  Renaissance School (2 locations)

Location: 315 W. Richmond Rd.; 2100 S. Sangre Rd.
Ages Served: 0-4 years (all day); 0-12 years (before and after school)
Hours Open: 5:45am - 6:00pm; 6:30am - 6:00pm
Phone Number: (405) 743-0303; (405) 533-3030

  •  Kids Under Construction

Location: 811 E. Virginia Ave.
Ages Served: 2+ years
Hours Open: 6:45am - 6:00pm
Phone Number: (405) 624-9602
Website: N/A

  •  Presbyterian Preschool

Location: 524 S. Duncan St.
Ages Served: 1-6 years
Hours Open: 7:45am - 1:00pm (all ages); 7:45am - 3:00pm (ages 3+)
Phone Number: (405) 372-5476

  •  Oak Tree Children’s Academy

Location: 1314 S. Western Rd.
Ages Served: 6 wks. - 4 years
Hours Open: 6:00am - 6:00pm
Phone Number: (405) 564-5793

  •   Big Brothers Big Sisters

Location: 1513 Sangre Rd.
Ages Served:
Hours Open:
Phone Number: (918) 576-6400

  •  Afterschool Programs

Sometimes parents need afterschool care for children between 3:00pm and 5:00pm during the week. The Family Resource Center provides afterschool programs for children ages 4-11 who reside in FGSH on a first-come, first-serve basis. Contact for enrollment information.  
The YMCA provides afterschool care at the school sites. Contact YMCA for more information. 

3) What school should I enroll for my children who are from 4-11 years old?

There are 6 elementary schools in Stillwater, serving children ages 4-11. Each class is referred to as a grade. Children will be enrolled in either Pre-Kindergarten, Kindergarten, 1st Grade, 2nd Grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade or 5th grade.
Generally, where you live in Stillwater will determine which elementary school your child will attend. Children who live in the following FGSH neighborhoods will attend Will Rogers Elementary School: West, Stevens, Prosser, Demaree and Williams. Children who live in the Brumley neighborhood will attend Westwood Elementary School.

4) what school should I enroll for my children who are from 12-18 years old?

There are a number of secondary schools in Stillwater. Stillwater Middle School serves children in 6th and 7th grade,approximately 12-13 years old. Stillwater Junior High School is for children in 8th and 9th grade, approximately 14-15 years old. Stillwater High School is for children in 10th -12th- grade, approximately 16-18 years old. 

  • To enroll your child in Middle School go directly to the middle school. 
  • To enroll your child in Junior High, call 405-533-6420 to schedule an appointment with a Junior High Counselor. 
  • To enroll your child in High School go to the school and set up a time to meet with a High School Counselor. 

5) Where can I take my children for tutoring if they have difficulty in reading and math?

OSU provides math and reading tutoring for children who are in Grade 1 to 8 .It is low cost and high quality tutoring. For more information, please visit the following website:

6) What options do I have if me or any of my family member wants to improve English as second language? 

  •     Classes offered by the FRC. 
  •     Stillwater public library: Individual tutoring is offered for free: call the council at 372-2144 or email
  •     Hands abroad program at University Height Baptist Church (English classes and other fun activities) only available in Fall and Spring semesters. There is a pick up available at FRC laundry every Tuesday and Thursday.